Hire a bike and discover West Cork; using Bantry as your base offers you a wide choice of rides in all directions. Cycle to the most southerly point in Ireland at Mizen Head; head inland to the serene Gougane Barra; tackle the wild Sheep's Head Peninsula cycling along the Goat's Path, stopping off in Kilcrohane and Durrus for refreshments; head for the rugged Beara Peninsula where steep hills give way to amazing descents.....the list is endless....
We hire 24 speed hybrid/touring bikes - mainly Giant Escape 3's/Liv Alight 3's. The price includes helmet and lock. Prices start at €15 per day; 3 days for €40 and €80 for 7 days. Bikes can be delivered to your accommodation if required - please enquire about prices when booking. We strongly urge you to reserve your bike in advance to avoid any disappointments. When reserving please have your height measurement to hand to ensure correct frame size on the day.
We hire from our shop in Bantry and also offer hire on the Beara Peninsula. We would ask for 24 hours notice before hiring on Beara.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 00353 86 128 0307.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does it cost to hire a bike? Bikes cost €15 per day; €40 for 3 days or €80 for 7 days.
2. What kind of bikes do you hire? We hire hybrid/touring bikes - mainly Giant Escape 3's (men's) and Liv Alight 3's (ladies).
3. Do you hire road bikes? No, sorry.
4. Do you hire e-bikes? No, sorry we don't.
5. What kit will I receive with my bike? Hire includes the bike, a helmet and a lock. For hire of longer than a day, we also provide a pump, spare tubes and levers.
6. Will the bike take panniers? All our bikes come equipped with pannier racks plus mudguards.
7. Can I hire panniers? Yes, you can. We hire panniers also.
8. What happens if I want to return my bike during your closing hours? I don't think I will make it back by 5pm.... While we encourage all cyclists to factor our opening hours into your day, we do understand that sometimes delays can occur (you just had to stop to take that last photo didn't you!!) ... do not panic as we can make arrangements for the safe return of your bike. Simply let us know if you are running late or mention when hiring that you feel you may be late - we will work it out!
9. Can I hire a bike on Sundays? We are closed on Sundays so if you wish to cycle on Sunday, you really need to collect the bike on the Saturday afternoon.
10. Do you provide maps? No, we don't provide maps but West Cork is easily navigated and very well sign posted. We will be able to give you very exact directions when you hire if you so wish.